This month’s box celebrates Boxy Charm’s birthday, so we get 6 full size products! I think I’m going to start reviewing my monthly Boxy Charms 🙂
First thing in my box is the Pür Sculptor Palette, which retails for $30. It includes 2 matte contour shades and 2 highlighters. The formula of the contours are super pigmented and powdery, so definitely use a light hand. The highlights are also pigmented and smooth. Next, is the Cover FX Blurring Primer retailing for $38. I LOVE THIS PRIMER. It’s honestly a tinted version of NYX’s Angel Veil Primer. It’s smoothing and blurs my pores. My favorite product in the box is the Pretty Vulgar Ink Gel Eyeliner retailing for $24. First of all, THE PACKAGING! The packaging is the cutest thing, it’s like an actual ink pot. This eyeliner is really creamy and dark. It also claims to have vitamin C to condition your lids. Next, we have the Aesthetica 3 piece Eye Trio ($45) and the P12 Face Brush ($27). The trio comes with an angled eyeliner brush, a brow spoolie, and a fine tipped eyeliner brush. The face brush is tapered and perfect for contouring. Lastly, is the Beauty Creations Liquid Lip Gloss in the shade Kiss Me ($10). It’s a fun raspberry shade perfect for spring. It does dry down matte (and it smells like strawberries).
Total of this month’s box: $174
My favorites: Pretty Vulgar Gel Eyeliner and Cover FX Blurring Primer
Get to know me in this quick q&a!!
- What’s the first thing you do when you wake up? Check my phone and drink coffee.
- What was the first CD you ever bought? Alicia Keys – As I Am (that album is the shit)
- Are you named after anyone? Yes, basketball player Jalen Rose lol
- How many kids do you want? Two
- Do you have any pets? Two dogs (loves of my life 💘)
- Do you have any siblings? I have a little sister
- How tall are you? 5’7
- Favorite country you’ve visited? The Bahamas 🇧🇸
- What are your favorite hobbies? Reading, traveling and kickboxing
- What do you get from Starbucks? Iced caramel macchiato with coconut milk
My favorite book at the moment is “I Am Malala” by Malala Yousafzai and Christina Lamb. It’s such an inspiring book that I think everyone should read at some point. Learn about what it’s like living in Swat in Pakistan under the Taliban and the importance of education. Malala fights hard for her education and risks her life. It’s an uplifting story that deserves the attention of all. I really suggest this book. Also, after you’ve read the book, make sure you donate to the Malala Fund to continue the fight for education for all boys and girls.
I recently got the YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer and I’m in love! It makes my skin so smooth and radiant. It has a gel-like consistency that smooths your skin. It does have tiny bits of glitter that gives your face a soft glow. The primer is packed with corn oil, apricot kernel oil, passiflora oil, and rice bran oil to nourish your skin. After using it a couple of times, I have noticed that it blurs my pores making them less obvious. This primer is perfect, yet quite pricey at $52. If you’re willing to splurge, then definitely get this primer NOW!
This is the post excerpt.
Hi, I’m Jalyn! Welcome to my blog and I hope you enjoy my weekly posts. You can find out more about my blog under the about page, and learn more about me by following my social medias found in the sidebar. Anyway, here are 15 quick facts about me. Please enjoy!
- I love to read. My favorite author is Sarah Dessen.
- I love going to Sephora, you’ll find a lot about makeup here!
- My favorite movies are Clueless and Breakfast at Tiffany’s (the classics!).
- My zodiac sign is Taurus.
- My favorite actress is Audrey Hepburn.
- I love Netflix. My favorite shows are Scandal, Friends, and Pretty Little Liars.
- I’m almost fluent in Spanish. I want to go to Spain one day.
- I love Beyoncé, she’s my favorite singer ever.
- My first concert ever was One Direction haha.
- I love all types of music.
- I love food, especially Mexican and Italian.
- I have two Chihuahuas (I love dogs!).
- My favorite Bible verse is Isaiah 40:8.
- Red is my favorite color.
- I have a passion for writing, which made me start this blog!